ASE-Certified Technician’s Code of Ethics (as borrowed from the ASE):
1. I will strive to produce nothing but first-class workmanship.
2. I will take advantage of every opportunity to increase my knowledge/skills concerning the work I am doing. I will dedicate myself to lifelong learning.
3. I will use only those materials that are proven to be safe and recommended by the manufacturer.
4. I will recommend to an owner only that work on the vehicle which I believe to be necessary.
5. I will treat an owner’s vehicle as I would my own.
6. I will attempt to correct any honest mistake made by another technician, without damaging the reputation of that person or their business.
7. I will conduct myself so as to maintain and increase the public respect for all ASE-certified technicians.
8. I will practice Service Integrity, which means that to the best of my ability I will always work for the best interest of the owner, my employer and myself.
Integrity First Automotive advocates ASE certification and the ASE’s values.
Integrity First expects all of its staff to uphold these principles. Our mission statement is “To help build a world where the synergistic potential in human relationships produces the fruits that individuals alone cannot.“
Internally we pursue this for our team but externally we pursue this with everyone we deal with, particularly our clients. Synergy is impossible without Integrity, and thus our code of ethics is really much simplier than ASE’s.
Our Code of Ethics is really just: Integirty First.